Designation: Assistant Manager Indirect Tax / Direct Tax
Experience : 0 to 2 years
- As an Assistant Manager Indirect Tax / Direct Tax your responsibilities include the following
- Participate in planning, developing and implementing indirect tax (VAT or Value added Tax, & GST etc) strategies to minimize taxes
- Ensuring clients are provided with up to date information on indirect tax developments.
- Dealing with technical quires as appropriate, consulting with line Managers when necessary
- Complete a limited number of GST returns on a timely basis. Address all queries raised in respect of GST Returns submitted and liaises with line Managers accordingly.
- Research technical issues and present findings effectively
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients and colleagues
- Analyse problems, identify core issues, investigate, evaluate and integrate information
- Contributing to client service teams, helping ensure they function smoothly and effectively.
- Supporting and overseeing indirect tax audits strategy and support
- Deal with all registration, deregistration and grouping requests received from clients or referred from external parties.
- Preparing all advice to be provided to the client for the manager to review
- Assist with indirect tax opportunities and work with and support teams
- Helping with audits or investigation by the tax authorities
- Contributing to client service teams, helping ensure they function smoothly and effectively
- Assisting with the developing less experienced staff with hands on advice and support
- Ability to refer to and interpret case law and other reference material
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (internally and externally